Many charities are deserving of our support; I choose those that don't have the marketing budgets to get widespread exposure in our community. I look for those supporting women, children, families as well as rescue organizations.
- Mom2Mom, improving the lives of children living in poverty by supporting their moms
- The Cinderella Project. making dreams come true for deserving graduates in the Lower Mainland who reach graduation despite overwhelming adversity
- Downtown Eastside Women's Centre providing practical support, basic necessities, & hot nutritous meals to over 500 women & children every day
- Dress for Success Vancouver Empowering women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support
- Vancouver Shoebox Project Gift shoeboxes of personal items go out to women supported by 2 dozen local agencies
- Summer camps for kids in need are at Boys & Girls Club of Vancouver's Camp Potlatch & the Salvation Army's Camp Sunrise
- Helen Woodward Animal Center-established in 1972 & located just north of San Diego, rescues dogs from 50 locations around the US. we've adopted 2 dogs from them & can attest to the care & services they provide.